วันจันทร์ที่ 2 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Singha English Challenge: Go beyond your limitation









The 1st round of Singha English Challenge has just successfully completed in southern region at Hatyai University this afternoon (Saturday 30 Nov.13). 

8 students from Thaksin University, Songkhla campus, consisted of the Harmoniiz and the Secret Garden were very excited and really enjoyed the challenge which included listening bees, multiple-choice test, communicative test and essay written exams related to AEC. 




Mr. Daniel, the emcee of ฝรั่งหลงกรุง TV program, gave a memorable remark that to be fluent in English, one has to challenge oneself and has to have bravery to do things that one's afraid of. Jump out of a comfort zone and just do it to overcome one's fear.

Looking forward to hearing the result in Jan. 2014 to see if our teams will pass the 1st round or not. Keep fingers crossed.
  


These days, students are looking forward to hearing the result for the 1st round in Jan. This reminds me of the time I applied for scholarships. Some nights after the end of the application process, I dreamed of getting a phone call informing I won the scholarships .











To me, as an observer & advisor, this project's fun & educational. If I were a univ. student, I would compete in this challenge for sure, but not sure if I'd win it or not :).  It seems to me that nowadays students have much more potentials than the older gens :)


All students equally got an opportunity to take part in each contest; therefore, when they won, they'd claim that because of teamwork that made them reach their goal.


This might be the reason why I like accompanying students to take part in a contest outside campus. Win or lose isn't the point.  To me, each year to challenge myself of doing something new is always exciting; however, since a contest is frequently for students, not teachers, so being an advisor for active students is good enough to satisfied my goal of motivating students to go beyond their limitation.



1 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. รู้สึกว่า พอมีอะไรเกี่ยวกับทีวี บันเทิงหน่อย อ.นกจะอัพอย่างน้อยก็ 2 ตอน เหมือนเป็นความปลาบปลื้มส่วนตัว ^^

    ตอบลบ