วันพุธที่ 25 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Experience Has Changed a Person: Global Undergrad Scholarship




            Getting 2013 – 2014 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program scholarship is such a
great opportunity in my life. I can use this chance to explore new world, the United States of
America – the most powerful country in the world. When I first knew this good news, I was
so excited and I prepared myself a lot for fear of not adjusting well with new people and new
places.


            I considered this scholarship as a chance to learn new cultures, not only American but
also from my friends from many countries around the world. It was such a memorable opportunity; this program provides me more than learning American ways of life, at the same time it make the world small. Moreover, I was also proud to present and exchange Thai cultures whenever I had a chance.


            Before leaving Thailand, I was afraid that I could not adjust myself to totally new
environment. Moreover, I thought Americans are materialistic and individual. My
opinions completely changed after I got there. American people are kind and helpful,
especially in small city as I lived, Johnson City, Tennessee. Students there are so studious; in
other words, there are so crowded in library even if in front of classrooms where they spend
time reading books. Group study is another common thing there that impressed me, I realized
studying with friends helped me to get better grade.  Two heads are better than one, I believe
.
            Education system there allows students to study in the topics they are interested in. There are also more chances to express opinion in classes and I also took advantages from those chances to speak English. The education there made me more independently study and  read various books; in contrast from Thai system that teachers give every single information to students.




            Next, I became brave to speak English with my friends and go out with them to speak
and gain more new experiences. I have been studying English for more than ten years, but I
did not have chance to speak daily. The UGRAD Program allowed me to use English in real situations. As a consequence, I love speaking now. Moreover, living there made me stronger in term of attitudes. I have learned how to handle with problems without my parents’ guidance and to make differences. Fulbright Thailand and World Learning gave precious experience that made me become the reliable person.


            Among people from different parts of the worlds with different background and
cultures, life will not be hard if we eagerly listen to other people and accept differences.   
All in all, trying to live there made me become matured, not just a college student as I was
before leaving Thailand. People are welcome to be kind to you if you are open- minded

and willing to experience new things.



                                                          --------------

1 ความคิดเห็น: