วันจันทร์ที่ 9 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2563

My COVID 19 protection



Last month, I saw the Fulbrither's announcement asking Fulbrighters to share the impressive impact they have done to society.  I decided to write & sent it to the Fulbright staff.

Surprise!
Last Fri. 6 Mar 2020, I got Obama's Lucky Charm that is believed that it protects the owner from danger and bring good health. I knew that for Fulbrighters who send the stories will get a token of appreciation, but didn't think it's going to be Hanuman amulet. ( You know what, this reminds me of the Indian series, Hanuman and my late grandma. As this series had launched for almost 6 months, every night my grandma & I watched it and we really loved the chubby boy who acted Hanuman. 




I'm not a person who watches a long series, but even I insist this, surprisingly, I watched 'The Buddha', สีดา-ราม ศึกลงกา, and of course ' Hanuman'.  My family ( grandma, mom, aunt, & I) really enjoyed this series and I think one of the most important things that make this character very cute was the Thai dubbed. The narrator (?) spoke in the voice of an innocent boy.


-----------------

In the envelope, a small thank you note was attached: 
-------------
Ajarn Nok kha,

This Hanuman represents our thanks for your sharing for Fulbrighter's impact.  It not only has an impressive story related to Thai-US relations but is also believed to bring protection and success.  Our best wishes to you. 

---------
Obama's Lucky Charms: Description

It was one of the recurring features of his days on the trail: supporters pressed all sorts of trinkets into Barack Obama's palms as he worked for crowds and shook hands.  Some voters worried about his chances, his health or his safety; others just wanted to give him something.  He kept a few in his pockets every day as a reminder of the hopes people had placed in him. 

----------------
Concerning Covid19 outbreak, Xia, my close Chinese friend sent email to me on 13 Mar 2020 from China:

 I expect to get some fresh air in a natural place when the epidemic situation is ended. Now, most of Chinese are isolated by ourselves, for reducing the contact of others. Most of my time is staying at home and work online. I go out only once for buying groceries within one day, which I hardly get used to.  
The epidemic situation hasn't gone virus in Thailand though, I suggest you buy some masks for preparation. The WHO announced the coronavirus is pandemic, I would like to remind you to be cautious about it. 
One day my mum said she missed the time she spent in Thailand, me the same. I didn't have a trip after returning from Thailand. I hope the world will go back to normal track soon and people can travel safely.

Stay healthy,
Xia

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น