วันอังคารที่ 11 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2563

Origami & Thank you note


Last Fri. 7 Feb.2020, our Vocab. Skill Development class enjoyed the Origami Workshop tremendously.  I assigned students to divide into a group of 5-6 and learn to fold paper, origami or the Japanese paper folding.  Ori means folding while Gami means paper. Together, it means paper folding.

We studied the passage about Origami and its evolution to advanced technology.  After finished the passage, it's time my neighbor Jeremy, Christina, together with 3 kids visited our class. We had Line dance taught by Christina. Then it's their turn to learn Origami from students. 

The students made 6 paper animals ranging from dachshund, butterfly, dolphin, fox, & etc. Before folding the paper, I told them to keep 1 paper. Write a message first. Then, you can fold it.  
My plan is this would become a thank you note for 1 friend, teacher, parent and those who they care for and are grateful for. 

Afterwards, students were supposed to give the animal to their friend. Post on our FB group to complete the mission. 








------------------------------------
Tues. 11.02.2020

I've completed this Origami mission, too. I gave paper fish to 2 friends. One is my old friend since a primary school who has been working in BKK for 20 years. After many years, we have met again last Dec. I had a great time climbing up the mount. with him. 







The other person I gave is Aj.Irish, my Filipino co-worker. 
As I didn't learn to fold origami in our last class. I watched a tutorial on Youtube and I think a fish would be very simple enough for me. So I made it while watching it on Youtube. For the 2nd one, I thought I could do it on my own; therefore, I made it from my previous memory. It turned out that the one I gave Aj. Irish was the ice cream cone!


That's why I decided to put 1 candy inside and gave it to her. She laughed when I explained to her that I made an ice cream cone by accident.
--------------
Irish's reply:  Thank you so much for your thoughtful message 🤗. I appreciate your warmth and kindness.😄😄


"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."         
                                                                                  --Melody Beattie

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น