วันศุกร์ที่ 3 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2560

Intercultural Expedition Camp: big event in my Thailand life





I'm 邹才琼(ZouCaiqiong) and my Thai name is ทับทิม(Tubtim). I'm so happy and thanks that Ajan Nok invited we, six Chinese students, to join in the intercultural expedition camp. This 3-day camp is really a big event in my Thailand life.


On the first day, we made some desserts, made pure natural shampoo and made pottery together in Phatthalung during our way to Trang province. I knew that the desserts are the traditional desserts of south Thailand but I didn't know if the shampoo and the pottery are the traditional product or not of Phatthalung or south Thailand, but it was really fun to make it with all the new friends. When we got to a natural park, Joseph asked us what culture is and showed us the cultural iceberg. I really liked this kind of discussion. Everyone could voice out his opinions and got some new ideas and explored some new cultures. As we all know, the night market is a part of Thai culture. So it was a must for us to go the night market. Some food's taste is really special.


The second day we ate some food which was named dimsum for breakfast. What I knew before was it looks similar to a kind of food in Guangdong, a province in China but I didn't know what Thai people called that food before I came to Trang. And that day, I figured out that the pronunciation dimsum is really similar to Cantonese. A Thai friend told me that it is because some Chinese moved to Trang and brought the food dimsum to there. After eating breakfast, we moved on, there were so many funny games that day. Our views were spoken out in English regardless of the grammar. Through these games in day time and the shows at night, we not only explored the foreign culture but also reflected our own.


And the third day, we hang out to the waterfall, that day we also separated into several groups to talk about culture. It just felt like we were talking with the old friends after just two days later. When I came back to school after this camp, I couldn't stop speaking in English with my roommates and I made the decision that I would insist on learning English and Thai at the same time.

In a word, it was a very precious memory. I love you all guys!






ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น