วันจันทร์ที่ 21 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2556

Turn 38!




I'm relief that I've finished 2 assignments from the course "Critical Thinking in Language Learning and Teaching which started from 7 Jan. - 15 March 2013, so I'm having more time for
blogging. 
Today is my birthday. Time flies! This year I turn 38 years old! 

Much to my pleasure, each year that passes, each birthday is actually better than the previous one. It's as if life is becoming richer:)
When I was young, I always wondered how people felt when they reached 20, 25, 30.
I think people at thirties something might be very mature. To me, I still think I've a child inside me. I don't know if it's because I still live with my family, single.  I don't feel like I'd like to get married.  I'm very happy with my single life. Thankfully, in Thailand, the number of women postponed their marriage is increasingly higher. Statistically, there're 40% of single women. Most important, parents are less likely to push their children to get married. 
Each year I try to give instead of receive in January as I feel that it's my birthday month.  Good news is this year I've got big gifts from Fulbright Thailand,that is,  4,000 used books (ie, fictions, non fictions, books ranging from history to education)!  I once informed P'Poon, the Fulbright Outreach officer that I'm doing the reading project and would like to promote the love of reading among youth.  In a couple of week afterwards, she told me I'd get books from America to put in the self-access center and local library. I'm so thrilled. 
These days, I've  regularly emailed to Mr. Robert who'd kindly ship the books to my university.
I think this'll become the big gifts for the university I've ever given. ( Even they're not directly from me, but somehow it's from my network :). It's somehow like my dream of becoming a librarian come true as I'd like to spend my time in a library and now I'm going to have 4,000 used book to take care of (before handing them to the library and self-access center.:)

Keep doing a good job, Nok
------------------------------

3 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. ไม่ต้องกลัวเหงา ใกล้ๆปลายปีจะตามไปนะ

    ตอบลบ
  2. พี่นกกับนักเรียนคงอ่านกันสนุกไปเลย ยินดีด้วยนะคะ

    ตอบลบ
  3. It was a special gift for your birthday.
    Good news, Good life kahh Ajarn Nok. :)))

    ตอบลบ