วันศุกร์ที่ 16 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2554

My Irish Dance: How can I survive?




The sun is supposed to make people warm. That's its duty, isn't it? Living here for a while, I don't understand why the sun is unkind to me . It's really freezing when getting out of the apartment. Yesterday I didn't go to a yoga class because I couldn't stand the cold weather outside. Feeling a bit guilty, when I saw sunshine in the afternoon, I rode my bike to the Schlow Public Library to borrow the DVD (Yoga for the Beginner). Hahaha...after feeling better, it's still lying on my book shelf! What's the point of borrowing it, I wonder .



It's normal to see students wearing boots, mitten and sweatpants on a road. Like other students, I've try hard to make me warm and stay physically active. That's why I signed up for an Irish Dance ($20) for 6 Wednesdays starting from 7.45-8.45 pm. on 14 Sep 2011. 

Oh! It's very hard to catch up with the Irish Step Dance. Within half an hour, Diana & I sweated a lot because of our wrong steps, I think. I slep tightly that night.
When I was studying in my undergrad year, I enrolled in the Social Dance and got 'B'. Even it's 14 years since my last dance, I strongly felt that my sense of catching steps might not that bad; however, this time I wasn't sure. 





Seeing  the dance classes: Zumba, Eastern Belly Dance & Irish Dance, I picked the last one because I thought it might be the easiest one.

Oh, NO! It required full concentration and quick response. I can't believe I jumped and kicked a lot.

I tried to think positively. Umm....when I dance in Thailand, no one knows that I dance wrongly. This's the only good point I could think of it, apart from being alert all the time in the class. Lucky me, there's only 6 students so I wasn't much embarrased when I clumsily danced .





ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น