วันอังคารที่ 6 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2554

Labor Day: Easy rainy Day




Today's the Labor Day in USA. All students get one more day to take a break from their study.
The rain just stopped a few minutes ago after raining all day long. Plus, the weather's getting colder & colder.

I left the room to empty a trash can and found that it was a bit freezing. How can I endure the winter time.
Need to think about stocking food in a fridge just in case I can't go out to buy it.

Well, today, I spent time on finishing my Individual Program Plan whose deadline's midnight tonight.  I'd to review what'd be my five year plan and how could I apply my knowledge in the U.S. to be practical use in my home country. Make a list of seminar, coursework, special lecture I attended to develop my leadership skills.

One of the activities I enjoy doing here is volunteering. So far, I signed up in the www.volunteer.psu.edu to do 3 activities:
- Friday Night Lights Out ( which I already did on Fri. 2 Sep.11),
-  Beaver Stadium Recycling ( Saturday 10 Sep. 11)
-  In the Street: Playing games with the Elderly ( Sunday 11 Sep. 11)

It's just the beginning of the Fall Semester which started on 22 Aug.11, I hope that by the time I complete my Fellowship year, I may be doing tons of volunteer activities.
After writing a blog about my 1st volunteering activity, I rewrote and submit it to P'Tip, the Fulbright director in Thailand. Surprisingly, she liked it and good news was she'd post my story in the next Fulbright newsletter. I'm thrilled!




When people said they liked my story, it keeps a spirit of a writer in me. I'd like to keep writing. Haha...
I submitted the 2nd story: In the Food Runner's Shoes to P'Tip ( & friends). It turned out P'Tip was hesitant not knowing which pieces of writing she'd put in the newsletter. However, one piece will be published on online newsletter. To me, posting either the 1st or the 2nd one's fine with me. It reminded me the time ( perhaps 10 years ago), I sent 2 emails to Kullasattri Magazine and the editor posted them in the mag. Till now, I've kept those mags whose my emails were published. ( Good things were I got free book and ticket to spend a vacation in a resort in Rayong).

James's also very kind to post my blog in our dept.'s website : www.tsuwestern.com
It's a priviledge to be posted there.

Also, my thanks go to Far & Nam who read my blog regularly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น