วันอาทิตย์ที่ 17 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2554

1st week as a student in U. of California, Davis



It has been a week since I've been living in CA, Davis. I gradually adjust to America's educational system.

From the tight 3-week intensive Eng. program, my schedule starts from 8.30 am. - 3.00 pm. But that doesn't mean no formal class after that. I still have to participate in any lectures provided by the UC Extension Office.

I love being a student again and tend to have better understanding how students feel when they've got a lot of assignment and meet the deadline day by day.

Studying 3 main subjects, that is, Public Speaking, Research Methodology & Intercultural Communication means that most of my time spending on thinking and thinking about the homework I get each day. The good thing is I passed 1 week without no time to miss home.



My dorm: 365 Emerson Hall

P'Pan & I were supposed to stay in the Websters Dorm, but when we came here all Humphrey III were informed that our dorm'd be Emerson Hall, instead of the former one.





That's fine with me. I like it. In one big room, I got room B and got Pamela from Cameroon and Tatjana from Slovenia as my roommates. We stay seperately from room A,B, & C ,but share the living room.

One thing I'm right now coping with is the cold weather. (Even it's summer, it's very cold in the morning and night time. Surprisingly, during the day, it's warm & windy. Also, the sky is very clear. Super clear without clouds. )

Just realize why Americans love the sun. Sometimes I like to take time sunbathe for 10 mins to brighten my day :-)

Every day I wear scarf, long john and overcoat to class. It helps a lot.





Luckily, there's a swimming pool & spa pool in the dorm so I can spend my time after class swimming. When the water's getting cold, I move to spa pool which offers warm water and soak in there. Love it!

I can say that I'm settled with exercising: biking to class and swimming. Two sorts of exercise are good enough to prevent me from the flu or illness here, I hope :-).

Many things await here to explore.
                                                                                               Sunday 17 July 11



ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น