วันศุกร์ที่ 21 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2557

International Friend get updated:My Film Challenge

Email to update friends about my exciting experience to-be as a production assistant

------------------------------------

Good evening, dear friends,  
How are you lately?
Thailand's very boiling both politics & weather :).  
To me, as usual, I've tried to look for any exciting activities to do & put in my blog during summer.  
This summer, I'm looking forward to be a production assistant for the Amazing Thailand Film Challenge 2014 which's part of Thailand International Film Location Festival. Thrilled to be part of the program & work with filmmakers around the world to promote Thailand to be one of the world film destinations. 

( I heard this news because my friend from BKK shared this piece of news with me as she thought my Eng. students would be interested in it. However, it seems that I was the most excited person to get this part-time job from 20-27 Apr.14 :). I already passed the interview & will be in BKK this weekend to train as a production assistant. My task is helping 2 international filmmaker team among 56 teams to shoot their short film in Thailand. As they can't speak Thai, I'll help communicate with local people and make their film shooting as smooth as silk :)

That's my latest news.

----------------------

Replies from friends:


Hey Nok,

That's brilliant. Production assistant on a film. Film making seems like such a complicated and exciting art, so I envy you being a part of it. Good for you. Your students are crazy to let an opportunity like that pass, and anyway, I think you'll do the job better because you have good English, understand foreigners well, and have lots of energy, which film making probably requires.

When do you arrive in Laos?

I just cycled around Yakushima in southern Japan. There are trees there over 2000 years old and beautiful coastline. It was one of the best trips of my life.

Take care,
Mark, Nagoya University, Japan

--------------
Hi Nok:

You are active and energetic. It certainly sounds very exciting and fun to work with film makers in that capacity. It is important for Thailand to get a competent and intelligent person like you to translate not only language but also local culture. Most outside people have not so positive impression about Thailand, as you know. The movie "Hangover 2" spread even worse image of Thailand. Have you seen it?

Anyway, enjoy April and I wish the political situation is better soon. 

Take good care.
Supapan, Arizona U., USA

--------------

Wow you are so blessed to be so talented! ( via FB).

Jane, Penn State U, USA
------------------

You are amazing...as always. HOw wonderful for them and you! We had dinner with Jayashree and Nagesh just last night and we were talking about you! HUgs, 

Susan, Penn State U., USA

-----------

1 ความคิดเห็น: