วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 3 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Long flight to Tucson, Arizona



Dear Diary,

Officially, greetings from Tucson, Arizona.
I left Penn State around noon. Thanks to Star & Vanh who gave me a ride and spent time waiting for a plane with me. 
I arrived at my guesthous at 9.30 pm. last night. Ajarn Supapan,the Thai professor at AZ was very kind to pick me up at the aiport and took me to buy a Vietnamese noodle before heading to my guesthouse. 




I felt  a bit tired of running in & off the airplane as I'd 3
laysovers ( SCE - Detroit- Columbus - Atlanta - Tuscon.)

 The funny thing was this morning I woked up at 6 am., but I
still thought that it's very early so I tried to sleep till 8 am. to
gain energy I lost yesterday.  Later, I found the reason why I didn't
want to get up, but my body clock woke me up as normally it'd be
around 9 am. in Penn State. ( PA is 3 hrs. ahead).
 So, I need a few days to adjust to new time zone, I guess :)

This morning I already visited the office of Asian-Pacific Student
Affairs and had a univ.tour with Ben, the co-worker. I thought the U. of
Arizona might be smaller than PSU,but it seems big as bldgs. are
scattered, not in the same area as PSU. There're about 35,000 - 40,000
students here while  PSU, main campus, has 44,000 students.

I'm going to explore 4 museums on campus soon.  Good to know that
there're museums on campus so that I'll get chance to learn more about
Arizona.

The weather's very hot at 81 degree,but I didn't realize that it's
very dry till I wash my clothes & hung them outside. Within 2-3 hrs.,
all were dry even my thick jacket! Wow!
(I think drying clothes in the drying machine is wasteless when
outside's very sunny.)

I managed to take a shuttle bus from - to my apt. and walked to buy
grocery produce at the store nearby.  I'm settled down now.

Tomorrow, I'll observe how the staff at the multi-cultural center
interview potential interns. Only 6 candidates are needed, but many
students apply for the post. ( I've heard that they'll get paid $2,000
for 1 academic year). I'd like to know how they recruit students and
what questions & answers are raised.

Also, the following week I'll attend the commencement ceremony of the
new graduate. I'd like to see how Americans celebrate this day and
want to listen to a guest speaker's speech.
So interesting to me.
Sounds that I find activities that interests me a lot here :)

Want to hear more? I'll update soon, ok?





 ( Tues. 2 May 2012)




ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น